Clinical nutrition is the science of nutrients and how they are digested, absorbed, transported, metabolized, stored, and eliminated by the body. It aims to keep a healthy energy balance in patients, as well as providing sufficient amounts of other nutrients such as protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Diet counselling is done by an expert dietitian based on preference, abilities and the patient’s current medical condition and/or nutrition adequacy.
- Our dietetics department is managed by qualified and experienced clinical dietitians who are also available in OPDs.
- Outpatient clinical dietitians at our Hospital play a vital role by providing nutritional care to patients in various disease states and conditions.
- Dietitians also teach patients how to make nutritionally sound food choices to speed the recovery process, prevent disease and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- A clinical dietitian is concerned with how nutrients in food are processed, stored and discarded by your body, along with how what you eat affects your overall well-being.
- They confer with physicians and other healthcare professionals to coordinate medical and nutritional needs, and they make recommendations for tube and intravenous feedings and/or dietary supplements, Clinical Plan and prepare diet charts as per patient condition and requirement.