Children constitute a major portion (40%) of the general population and this group, ranging from newborn to adolescence, comprise of a very wide spectrum of problems and requirements. Paediatrics is not only care in illness but also health care and promotion. Dealing with children calls for a lot of empathy, good communication skills and social awareness.
We, at the department of Paediatrics, IQ City Hospital, strive to cater to these diverse problems in a customized manner, right from newborn period upto 18 years. Our highly qualified and dedicated team of doctors give their best to provide state-of -the-art medical service to our little patients, with utmost sincerity and loving care.
The Paediatric Department provides all-round care to the little ones through its outdoor clinics and indoor wards, including intensive care units.
This department is geared to meet all the health requirements of children and face all the challenges of Paediatric management.
We are particularly proud to proclaim that our primary focus is the well-being of children. We promote rooming-in, early initiation of breast feeding and exclusive breast feeding in newborns.
Our 8-bedded NICU is equipped with all modern gadgets, including adequate number of LED Phototherapy machines, vital monitors,Open Care systems, CPAP and ventilators to treat the critically ill newborns.
The PICU is well equipped to handle all paediatric emergencies with confidence.
Various paediatric surgeries including intestinal surgeries and neuro-surgeries are being regularly performed here.
The multi-disciplinary team comprises of Psychologist, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist and Special Educator, under the able guidance of a Developmental Paediatrician. This is a much needed unique facility provided here for the first time in Durgapur – Asansol area.
- OPD services
- We provide out-patient services through General Clinics from 9am-5pm, which is attended by all our senior Paediatricians.
- Specialised clinics are also run concurrently to attend to specific problems in children, viz.:
- Paediatric Surgery
- Asthma Clinic
- Paediatric Cardiology clinic
- Well-baby clinics
- High-risk Newborn Follow-up clinic
- A multi-speciality Neuro-development clinic
- Indoor Services
- Paediatric indoor services include general Paediatric ward of 90 beds and a state-of-the-art 6-bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).Our dedicated team of physicians and nurses give their best to provide round-the-clock care to all patients ranging from minor ailments to critically ill children, chronic diseases to acute crisis. We are always there to support, explain and reassure the anxious parents, because we understand your concern and apprehension.
- Paediatric Surgery Unit: Our Paediatrioc Surgery team is performing all types of neonatal and Paediatric surgeries.
- Neonatal Services include
- A Special baby Care Unit (SBCU)for minor problems in the babies born in our hospital. Here basic treatment is provided for the baby’s ailments and they are closely monitored by our expert team.
- A 8 beddedstate-of-the-art Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for very sick newborns where all facilities for intensive care with modern gadgetry and round the clock speciality care by specially trained Neonatologists and nurses is available. We cater this service to babies born in our hospital as well as out-born babies.
- A Post-natal wardwhere the healthy in-born babies are kept at the mother’s bedside, under close supervision of our special staff. We fervently promote close bonding with mother and breast-feeding, to promote best possible growth and development of the newborn.
- A Well-baby clinicto regularly follow up the babies even after they go home, to foster support to the growing child and the mother as well as provide all immunization. We provide a unique customized immunization system, where the indigent can get all the Govt approved vaccines free of cost, while those who opt for the extended immunization program (IAP schedule) can get the extra shots on payment.
- A High-risk Follow-up Clinicfor the sick babies run by a Developmental Paediatrician, where regular specialized follow-up is done to detect any neuro-developmental delay at the earliest and start Early-Intervention therapy. We are proud to pioneer in providing this specialized service in this part of the district.
|Department of Paediatric|
|Dr. Nandita Chattopadhyay||MBBS, DNB(Ped)|
|Dr. Hosenara Begum||MBBS M.D.|
|Dr. Jayant Kumar Muduli||MBBS, MD|
|Dr. Asish Banerjee||MBBS, MD|
|Dr. Benoj Kumar Maji||MBBS, MD|
|Dr. Supriya Rashmi||MBBS, DNB-Paediatrics|
|Dr. Meenakshi Mitra||M.B.B.S, DNB|
|Dr. Prasanta Rajak||MBBS, MD|
|Dr. Shweta Agarwal||MBBS, D.C.H, D.N.B|
Please contact 8170009547 to book an appointment for Paediatrics at our Hospital. Our coordinators will get back to you with your appointment confirmation details at the earliest.
Monday – Saturday
10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.